Bunbury Rowing Club welcomes new rowers anytime!
On your first free introductory session, we will
- Tour of the boatshed and the facilities
- A brief about the history of Bunbury Rowing Club and the sport of Rowing
- A hands-on demonstration on the rowing stroke and how best to use the Concept 2 rowing machine (ergo)
- A controlled on-water session in shallow water and in a boat with stabilisers (floats)
- A recap of the session and explanation on options after the session
Please bring along the following to your first session:
- Wear comfortable clothes and a tight fitting shirt (so the oars don’t get caught against your body)
- Change of clothes and towel(unlikely but just in case)
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses)
- Drink bottle
- A smile and relaxed approach. We’re here to help make this an enjoyable experience!
Some tools to get new rowers started:
BRC Membership Handbook
Learn to Row Handbook