Rowing Programs for Juniors (from Y7 – Y12) are available through schools.
Many young rowers who start with the School Program usually return to rowing under the Club Junior Membership. There are always a range students participating different stages of development. This allows for great peer-to-peer support, coaching and teamwork.
The local schools that offer rowing part of their sports options are :
• Bunbury Catholic College
• Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School
Rowing is also open to students from other local schools.
All school rowers are encouraged to participate in the South West Schools Head of the River at the end of Term 1.
Schools rowing involves :
• Attending in Terms 1 and 4 of the new school year
• Two evenings a week from 4.00 – 6.00pm (currently Monday & Friday)
• Fully supervised sessions on the water or in the gym
• Rowing in singles and/or crews
• Training and socialising with young people from other schools
• Rowing competitively for your school at the Southwest School’s Regatta at the end of Term 1 and optional Club regattas