The Bunbury Rowing Club has a long and proud history, both within the local community and the national rowing fraternity. Established in 1921 the club has witnessed and embraced many changes in our community including the needs of amateur sporting clubs. The club will focus its energy and resources into increasing revenue in hall hire, growth in club membership and rowing participation at all ages and levels.
Reporting to the executive committee, this hands-on position is responsible for developing and implementing the strategic plan objectives to increase revenue and encourage growth in membership.
Employment type: Casual
Approximate hours per week: 10
- Promotion of the Club and it’s facilities via Social Media, Web and relevant marketing platforms
- Design marketing material of Club facilities and services
- Develop and improve a marketing plan that is in line with the Club’s strategic direction
- Manage and promote events
- Respond to enquiries and meet with clients when necessary
- Perform routine inspection pre and post event hire
- Coordinate event staff as and when needed
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Must have passion and enthusiasm to develop this role
• Marketing experience
• Must have experience working with graphic design and publishing software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc)
• Have a minimum 2 years’ experience digital / social media
• Have an excellent understanding of all primary social media and web platforms and analytics tools
• Be a self-starter with high attention to detail
• Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively – orally, written and in person
• Represent the Bunbury Rowing Club in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
This exciting role with a long-established sporting club on the inlet waters of Bunbury offers the right individual an opportunity to develop the role and expand the hours as required by the Club.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate with demonstrated experience in the required criteria. Flexible work hours will also be negotiated to ensure the clubs growth objectives can be achieved.
Applications close 7:00pm Friday 21st February 2020 and may be closed earlier if a suitable a candidate is appointed.
For further information please see the Club Coordinator Position Description
Ready to submit an application?
Complete the form below: